Re: Convert CDIR notation to IP range

From: "John Nichel" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> jdow wrote:
> <snip>
> > Well, at least don't purport to be a computer Ubergeek. Be might be a
> > mechanical engineering Ubergeek, a chemistry Ubergeek, a carnival worker
> > who bites heads off BIG chickens, or anything like that. He's NOT a
> > computer geek, let alone Ubergeek, if he can't do the binary or hex
> > translations of numbers through 255 virtually by rote. Ubergeeks can
> > perform hexidecimal multiplication in their heads.
> >
> > {^_-}
> >

> Hmmm...not a computer geek?  Gee, then I guess my boss has been paying
> me for nothing.  Good lord, did the qmail list suddenly migrate over here?
>
> Guess I could be worse...I could be posting to a Linux list from a M$
> machine using Outlook.

Um, I noted you might not be a computer Ubergeek, at least not amongst
other computer geeks. You may be a computer geek among geeks.

It's why I call myself a wizardess rather than a guruess. Wizardish
critters can work magic; but, they almost never explain it. (Often
they can't.) Guruish critters can work even greater magics and can
explain it to those who listen. I'm not good at explication. {^_-}

Hey, I LIKE good puzzles. (And I drily note that slinging Direct Show
around for broadcast TV hardware pays me a heck of a lot more than I can
make in the Linux world. I'd RATHER be earning it in the Linux world
with a similar consulting from home setup. But it's not in the cards.)

{^_-}   And MS software is, if nothing else, an immense puzzle to get it
        all working right.