Re: Exastperating experience with FC2

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

During the last 2 weeks I have had a really exasperating (but
educational experience) in trying to install FC2, and I seek comments.

... snip ...

There is something about FC2 that is not very friendly. Does anyone
know what it is? Remember that these CD-s successfully installed FC2
on our Dells.

FC2 seemed to install fine on my dell, but on the off chance that you're having media problems, you can try what i did with FC3-t1 (which a *number* of people reported having mysterious media problems with).

i was lucky enough to have another system to which i downloaded the images, md5sum'ed them, and then just NFS exported that directory and did an NFS install. at the very least, you can eliminate media problems as a cause for grief, although i'm sure you thought of that long ago.

(also, once you start the NFS install, hey, you can just walk away without hanging out waiting to swap CDs. :-)

rday

p.s. did you turn off DMA? lots of folks fixed their install problems by doing that.