OT: Re: lists.php.net

John Dangler wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of netmask
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 7:41 PM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Cc: php-cvs-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: lists.php.net

John,

That's odd.. I'm on several PHP.net lists and don't have anything of that

sort

happen to me. I'd contact the owner of that list and see what the problem

is.

Perhaps just a coincidence?

net~ Not hardly. I've gotten about 20 additional since I posted this to fedora, along with 5 requests to 'reply to this email to confirm your subscription' emails from lists.php.net. I've also heard from one other person on this list who has been trying unsuccessfully to unsubscribe. I did send a message to the 'human owner' of the list (twice), as well as a message to php.net web operations to inform them of the problem. Until it gets resolved, I'm steering clear. I'll try to find an answer to my question elsewhere.

I've been on the php-install list for a year or so and the problem has gradually got worse. The best theory I've got from the list owner is that it is someone with a MS Windows box with a virus.

Changing over from my dial-up to broadband ISP, I unsubscribed from php-install by email this morning and got the confirmation, resubscribing under the new address. Is the person with the problem using the unsubscribe address given in the original subscription confirmation?

HTH
Chris