RE: does linux use a registry like Windows?

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 11:19, david wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I just want to know something,
>
> Windows uses the registry what does linux use??
> If possible where can I find out detailed information bout this??
>

> Thanxs a million
> dave

Linux does not use anything like the windows registry.  (Thank
$DIETY_OF_YOUR_CHOICE)

Typically you will find various config files containing the options for
different programs in the /etc directory.  They can be located in other
places but most of them are in /etc.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

Any fool can paint a picture, but it takes a wise person to be able to sell it.