ATI 8500 3D

The Xorg.0.log is not really attached this time. The last time I sent this message it just . . . disappeared :-(

Peter Hutnick wrote:

> I feel like I'm really close, and I really want to play Vega Strike :-)

I /think/ that the problem is that I am using the VGA (aka CRT) output on the card. The Xorg.0.log is attached. The interesting part is:

(II) fglrx(0): Primary head:
Monitor -- CRT
Connector -- None
DAC Type -- Unknown
TMDS Type -- NONE
DDC Type -- NONE
(II) fglrx(0): Secondary head:
Monitor -- CRT
Connector -- VGA
DAC Type -- Primary
TMDS Type -- NONE
DDC Type -- VGA_DDC
(II) fglrx(0): EDID data from the display on Secondary head --------------------
-------
(II) fglrx(0): Manufacturer: SNY Model: 380 Serial#: 433152
[etc]

I've tried setting the thing (using fglrxconfig) to "clone" mode, but this has no effect that I can see.

On the other hand, it may be something else entirely.

Oh, also note that this is with kernel 2.6.5 off the FC2 CD. I removed the updated kernel RPMs and deleted the /lib/modules/2.6.6.whatever and the /usr/src/linux-2.6.6.whatever directories. The (updated) FAQ entry still does not make any allowance for the changes to the asm page count structure I wrote about previously.

One thing at a time.

Thanks for all the help guys! Oh, and, as usual, I get the digest. If you cc: me it will help me send messages that thread properly.

-Peter