Re: gmail invite for anyone that can answer question

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 15:00, Jose Moreno wrote:
> i just want to update my kernel from a CD i burned using XP.
> i can see the file when i mount it but cannot load it.
>
> i'm trying to get Fedora loaded on my Laptop... no love yet.

You may want to share what type of laptop you have.  If someone has the
same laptop they may have some specific tips to share.

Are you trying to load FC2 or a different version?

Also provide very specific error messages and the procedure you are
trying to use.

The two most likely problems when loading linux on a new systems:

1. make sure the iso images were burned as images to the CD.  If you
just have one big .iso file on the CD it was not burned correctly.
Check the burning software you are using, it should have a burn image
type option somewhere.

2. Check the bios on your laptop or server and make sure it has the CD
selected as a boot option.  Many times systems will either not have the
CD marked as a boot option or will have the harddrive listed before the
CD so all you end up doing is booting to the harddrive.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

The one good thing about repeating your mistakes is that you know when to
cringe.