Re: FC1: Crackling when using esdplay

I used to have that problem with my ogg files on my old computer on RH 8.0. New computer,
FC1 I dont have a problem anymore.

I'd be guessing at the reason that was causing it, maybe it has something to do with esd not
playing nicely with the driver for your particular audio hardware. At any rate, I found the
crackling disappeared if I turned the amplification down a little from max (PCM value in 'kmix'
or 'aumix') and turned the volume up. Meant I couldn't pump out party level volumes though, but it
was sufficient for when I was on the computer.

Regards,
Daniel Stonier.