Re: Rescue from a floppy?

On 21 juil. 04, at 15:24, Lemke, Wesley wrote:

I currently have FC2 installed.  I am about to install Win XP on a
second drive.  I have GRUB installed to the MBR.  I am assuming that XP
will overwrite GRUB.  I have an FC2 rescue CD, but for some strange
reason, my computer will no longer boot from the CD.  Is there a way
that I can get GRUB back into the MBR after I install XP?  Some sort of
rescue floppy?

I know the FC2 kernel is too big to fit on a floppy, but is there
another option?

Thank in advance,
Wes

There is always the option of booting with Smart Boot Manager ( http://btmgr.sourceforge.net/ )
on a floppy and picking the CD for the rest of the boot. I used it to install FC2 on older systems
that could not boot on CD.

Regards,
Pierre-Yves