Re: Receiving Mail to ROOT User

Hello:

      You can easyly redirect any mail from one user to another using the
.forward file in the original receiver.

      Supouse that i wanna redirect all root mail to my normal user
account. My normal user login is david.

      As root ( the original recipe )

      >cd $HOME
      >echo "david@localhost" > .forward

      From now all mail received to root will be automatically saved in
david@localhost mailbox

      You can use evolution or another mail client able to read local
mailbox

David Ballester Montolio
Responsable de Sistemas y Comunicaciones
Kern Pharma, S.L.
www.kernpharma.com

Personalmente, mis problemas de suministro de software legal se limitan a
averiguar qué debo poner detrás de "apt-get install ..." omni en barrapunto

Que parte de /sbin/ifconfig eth0|grep 'inet'|awk -F' ' '{print $2}'|sed -e
s/addr:// no entiendes?
:)
GNU!

|         |           Gordon Keehn       |
|         |           <gordonkeehn@netzer|
|         |           o.net>             |
|         |           Enviado por:       |
|         |           fedora-list-bounces|
|         |           @redhat.com        |
|         |           21/07/2004 15:29   |
|         |           Por favor, responda|
|         |           a For users of     |
|         |           Fedora Core        |
|         |           releases           |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                            |
  |     Para:     For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>                                                   |
  |     cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |     Asunto:   Receiving Mail to ROOT User                                                                                  |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

    With earlier (i.e. Redhat 9 and prior) releases I was able to
process root's mail in the Netscape/Mozilla client, setting the server
address to localhost.  Since upgrading to Fedora Core 1 and now 2, that
doesn't seem to be working any more.  The client is continuously
"Connecting to localhost".  I don't recall having to start any kind of
mail server before, but it has been a while and my memory is
increasingly dusty.  Can anyone tell me how to get root's mail without
actually logging in to the root ID and using "mail"?
    Thanks,
Gordon Keehn