Re: Receiving Mail to ROOT User

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 09:29 -0400, Gordon Keehn wrote:
>     With earlier (i.e. Redhat 9 and prior) releases I was able to
> process root's mail in the Netscape/Mozilla client, setting the server
> address to localhost.  Since upgrading to Fedora Core 1 and now 2, that
> doesn't seem to be working any more.  The client is continuously
> "Connecting to localhost".  I don't recall having to start any kind of
> mail server before, but it has been a while and my memory is
> increasingly dusty.  Can anyone tell me how to get root's mail without
> actually logging in to the root ID and using "mail"?
>     Thanks,
> Gordon Keehn
How do Gordon.

FC2 replaced the standard mail server software and is now using devcot
or cyrus. I believe their are other mail server's available, but I have
not been following them too closely.

If you search the archive for either pop3 server, devcote or cyrus you
should come back with a bundle of quite well layed out emails explaining
how to set one of them up to do as you want. Cyrus rocks, but may be
overkill.

--
Douglas Furlong
Systems Administrator