Re: Broken OOo

William M. Quarles writes:

Charles Curley wrote:
I may have fixed the libpng issue by CDing to /usr/lib/ and making a
symlink:

ln -s libpng.so.3.1.2.5  libpng.so

But that might have been the wrong thing to do.

You're right.

[quarlewm@localhost quarlewm]$ file /usr/lib/libpng.so
/usr/lib/libpng.so: symbolic link to `libpng.so.3'

I'm using Fedora Core 1. And you? I guess the same, since we have the same versions of the libraries, but one can never be sure.

The libpng.so soft link should NOT exist unless you're compiling software that uses the libpng library. You will find this soft link in the libpng-devel package.

Any binary that explicitly depends on libpng.so is broken, and must be properly recompiled.