Re: Gaim Upload

On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 11:58, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > I've noticed the same problem.  My uploads through Gaim are limited to 6
> > Kbps, but I should be able to upload close to 600 Kbps.  It's a bug in
> > Gaim, I think.
>
> It could be a limitation in either gaim or that the person you are trying to
> upload to  has only that amount of bandwidth available.

I was thinking the same, so I made to sure to ask what type of Internet
service my friends had, and they all said "hi-speed".  Around here, that
almost always means hi-speed cable or DSL service.

I've also asked them if they have experienced slow transfers via MSN
Messenger with their other friends (who are all on Windows, btw), and
they've replied "no".

So, I'm left with two possibilities:

1. Gaim can't upload faster than 6 Kbps
2. There's a bug in Gaim

(1) seems unlikely, but is possible.  I'm leaning towards (2).  Time to
start searching the net for similar reports, including the Gaim mailing
list.

Kanwar
Systems Aligned Inc.
www.systemsaligned.com