Re: Laptop Support - (terminal selection on installation)

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Terry Linhardt wrote:

In general, I have always found terminal selection with Red Hat installs
to be an "issue" when it comes to laptops. In brief, I struggle to
configure a laptop screen display properly....problems which I never
seem to have with a "standard" terminal.

Either I am overlooking something, or the display for a laptop screen
becomes a trial-and-error proposition. Oh, I get it to work. But, it's
always a struggle, and I'm never sure if I'm doing it right.

Thoughts? Tips?

Do you mean configuring LCD display settings?

Choosing  the correct info from 'redhat-config-xfree86' (fc1)  should work.
I can just select: hardware -> display -> Generic LCD Display -> LCD Panel 1400x1050

I don't remember having problems installing correctly on a IBM T40 or
on a 600E

Satish