Re: OT: General grub question

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Michael Yep wrote:

I built a new kernel for one of our SuSe servers, and I put all the files
> in the correct places.
> But when I went to look for a /boot/grub/grub.conf file, there was none.
> Does anyone know how to install a new kernel into grub?

The file /boot/grub/grub.conf is not part of any package, so it doesn't get dumped on your system just based on RPM. somehow, you have to generate the first pass of that file.

and /etc/grub.conf is just a symlink to that file, as is
/boot/grub/menu.lst.

rday