Re: Utility to extract .SIT (StuffIt) archives?

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 04:20:42PM -0500, Gregory Gulik wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a utility to extract StuffIt Archives???
>
> I tried downloading a demo of software for Linux from stuffit.com but it
> Segmentation Faults before finishing...

I'm not completely sure if this is what you want, but Fedora comes with
a package called macutils. I use it mostly for binhex decoding, but the
package also includes a program called macunpack. The manpage doesn't
mention Stuffit but it speaks about unpacking Macintosh archives, maybe
that's the same thing.

another option:
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/1201646/com/stuffit-5.2.0.611-5.i386.rpm.html
lists stuffit available as an rpm package. It mentions RedHat, not
Fedora, but it may be worth the try (I haven't tried it yet though).

David Jansen