Re: ftp passive mode

Overdorf, Sam wrote:
<top posting relocated to bottom>
When I try to download from "download.fedora.redhat.com" (using ftp)

it

complains about me not being in passive mode.

Well the client I'm using does not support passive mode therefore I
can't list the files (ls, dir) and I can't get (get) the files.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this with my ftp client?

Sam, it helps if you tell us what ftp client you are using. Without that information there's not a whole lot anyone can tell you other than, "Get a different ftp client."

Alex White

> It is the ftp client on my windows xp box.

Okie, so you mean from the command line of xp, I assume. By the by please don't top post. Anyhow, use a different client. WSFTP works fine, but you need a client that will actually do passive mode. Otherwise, it's pretty worthless.

HTH

Alex White