Re: TV Tuner card (External, Internal)

On 07/09/2004 06:58 AM, peeyush wrote:

Hi,

I seek recommendations from someone who has a TV Tuner Card on Fedora. I am running Fedora Core 2 on AMD 2.4 Gig machine. The experienced ones should guide me about what features should one look for while buying a TV Tuner Card. And by how much factor would the "Monitor", "AGP", "OS" affect it.

A lot of mythtv users use FC2. I would look to the Mythtv list archives at

and then maybe sign up for that list. Many people use the Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250 (hardware encoding; software decoding) and PVR-350 (hardware encoding and decoding) cards which are supported by the IvyTV (http://ivtv.sf.net) drivers. I think you can also use the cheaper WinTV-GO cards, which do not have a hardware encoder and therefore require a much faster processor.

--Matt