Re: fedora on dell precision 450 with nvidia quadro fx 1000 = no graphics

Steven R. Ringwald wrote:
Finally I have tried downloaded the latest "dkms" and "nvidia-dkms" from the dell site and the results are the same...there are no errors in /var/log/XFree86.0.log, all seems well, but no video signal to the display when I startx.

Another thing you might try is entering in "linux nofb" when it asks you what to load in the Fedora syslinux screen...

Thanks, but...same thing--no graphical install.

The odd thing is...this box has the RedHat ES/AS/WS software install as an option. I've even seen posts about X application issues in the "Dell Community" site for this box. It's all supposed to just work. I know the graphical hardware works to some extent because I saw it running XP with another hard drive.

The bios is dated 2002 and I see on the web site it has had numerous updates so maybe something in there will fix it. Will try flashing the bios tomorrow.

Plus I'll try the other suggestion about the "Option "DFP"" in the Device section of the XFree86 Config file.

---
John