Re: redhat tutorial

bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I was considering doing a web page with basic Fedora/Linux issues and
have been collecting fedora-list posts for some time for this reason.

Let me/us know what contributions you are looking for and if capable I
will help where possible.
--

I've been doing a similar thing - I just archived off all my Fedora posts
this evening. I think you're on the right track with this one. I don't know

My first linux book still sits on my shelf as a reminder, all dog eared with
umpteen page markers glued in and referenced. Anything that gives people a
hand I'm all for.

Bryan

Great idea. The problem will be balancing the need to cover basics for beginners, and perhaps written for a non-technical audience, with some structure that allows people to click in to see more detail and increasing complexity where they have an interest.

I recommend people work on an outline of topics covered first, and then choose from the wealth of sources between list archives, how-tos, etc. for material to rewrite and incorporate with an eye toward constency, style, and the intended audience.

And there is a project for documentation, which may already have a lot of this hashed out. No sense in re-inventing or competing here. See http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/docs/

Have fun contributing.  I think beginner's documentation is a great idea.

Chris

  Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021