Re: Linksys WPC54G PCMCIA Wireless card

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Dana-Renee Lee wrote:

Since Cisco took over Linksys they have been Non-Compos-Mentis,
In other words there support has sucked!!!

I have sent several e-mails asking when they would have a Linux
driver for this and have NEVER RECEIVED ANY RETURN MAIL!!!

I was pointed to Broadcom but thay must also be owned by CISCO
as that too are stupit, deaf, and dumb as there too was not answer to my
questions!

Does anyone on this list have any information on using this
piece of hardware?

Renee Lee
Strong Suggestion BOYCOTT LINKSYS AND IF POSSIBLE CISCO TOO!!!!

You appear vent anger in this e-mail - not looking for solutions.

The linux wireless scene is wierd. You can't say - 'buy products from
this company - and it will work with linux'. Its more like 'these
chipset based products will be supported by these drivers'.

I have an atheros based wireless card supported by madwifi
driver. [IBM/Phillips which claim to make it don't say anything about
linux support]

For broadcomm based chipsets - your alternatives are:

 - investgate ndiswrapper or linuxant drivers (google)
 - look for a different card with better drivers.

Satish