Re: mpeg movie player

On Monday 05 July 2004 16:54, James Wilkinson wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Along these same general lines, my system appears to be missing
>> both ISpell and ASpell.  I don't know which is the better, but it
>> seems I need it for kmail or some such.
>>
>> Can some post the approriate lines to add to yum.conf so I could
>> do a "yum install ISpell"?
>
>Weird. Aspell is part of FC2, on CD 1. Although you may need
> aspell-en installed for the English-language dictionaries.
>
>Does
>yum install aspell
>really not work?

It does now since I have obtained a good yum.conf for FC1.  Unforch,
although kde (kmail) did not find it during the build, and therefore
isn't using it, its not even available in the menu's!

But this is what a "yum install aspell" returns now:

[root@coyote root]# yum install aspell
Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Base
Server: Fedora.us Extras (Stable)
Server: Fedora.us Extras (Testing)
Server: Fedora.us Extras (Unstable)
Server: Livna.org - Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
Server: Livna.org - Fedora Compatible Packages (testing)
Server: Livna.org - Fedora Compatible Packages (unstable)
Server: macromedia.mplug.org - Flash Plugin
Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Released Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
cvsplot-0-1.7.3-0.fdr.1.n 100% |=========================| 1.7 kB
00:00
python-ldap-0-2.0.1-0.fdr 100% |=========================| 4.4 kB
00:00
kplayer-0-0.5.0-0.lvn.2.1 100% |=========================| 5.9 kB
00:00
aspell is installed and is the latest version.
No actions to take
---------------

Ok, and now I see that aspell is in my $PATH, a "which aspell"
returns:
/root/kde3.2.3/bin/aspell

So obviously there is a config problem, but where?  This is a
konstruct built kde-3.2.3, last subjected to a "cvs up -dP" and a
rerun thru the make garchive, and make install in each subdir,
starting with lib, then kde, apps, and misc in that order, about a
week ago.

--
Cheers, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.