Re: USB device detection in Fedora Core 2

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 22:02:56 -0400, I wrote:

Hi there,

My USB DSL modem was not detected when I installed Fedora Core 2. The modem is a Speedstream 5200. Full specs can be found here:
http://att.com.com/Efficient_Networks_SpeedStream_5200___DSL_modem/4507-3004_7-30681820.html?tag=tab

Does anyone have any hints or tips as to how I could get Fedora to recognize this USB device?

It turns out this may have been too much of a doozy for anyone to respond to, perhaps because it was too vague...

In case anyone (i.e. in the hopes that someone) cares, I did manage to get my modem to work in FC2. Solution: use the Ethernet connection on the modem instead of USB. Bam!

cm