Re: Kudzu

On Sun, 2004-07-04 at 21:17, Jamie Aitchsion wrote:
> I already tried this but kudzu still ignores the drive.
>
> Anything else?  Were does kudzu keep its configuration files?
>

> >From: Rahul Sundaram <rahulsundaram@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> >To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
> >Subject: Re: Kudzu
> >Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 18:32:43 -0700 (PDT)
> >
> >--- Jamie Aitchsion <one_blind_mouse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> >wrote:
> > > Is there any way to install hardware hardware you
> > > have previously ignored
> > > with kudzu?  I have a hard drive I want to use but
> > > had previous ignore setup
> > > because it was my windows drive.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> >
> >remove /etc/sysconfig/hwconf and try running kudzu
> >again
> >
> >regards
> >Rahul Sundaram

I have never had kudzu ask about adding/removing a disk.
However, the file /etc/sysconfig/hwconf contains stanzas for each drive
installed.  That file is the configuration file for kudzu.

If you remove that file (save a backup for safety) and then reboot kudzu
will rebuild it with the current hardware and new devices will need to
be configured for some and others are automatically added.

As long as the bios sees it, if you check dmesg at boot time it likely
is seen, and as long as it has been identified and the partiton tables
are seen and known by the system at boot you can easily put a line in
/etc/fstab to mount it.