Re: How to open .kwd files into Gnome (without KDE) -if possible..

El vie, 02-07-2004 a las 21:05, D. D. Brierton escribió:
> If they do, install KOffice and the bare
> minimum of KDE libraries that you need for KOffice, and then convert
> them to something your current applications of choice can deal with. It
> will be a pain but you'll only need to do it once.
>
> Best, Darren
>
> --
> D. D. Brierton            darren@xxxxxxxxxxx          www.dzr-web.com
>        Trying is the first step towards failure (Homer Simpson)

I've checked with apt (apt-get install koffice) the amount of MB that
would be downloaded before confirm and decided to cancel the procedure,
because I don't want a lot of kde tools installed in my Fedora. It was
almost 90 MB the whole pack (kdebase, koffice and lm_sensors) suggested
by apt.
Another solution it would be the Abiword import-export plugins, as I
later saw in its web page; it seems to be able to import kwd files after
install the appropiate filter rpm and library, but I couldn't. That's
all. There was many problems for installing all them, also using --force
and --nodeps options, dependencies badly resolved, and so on ... Maybe
it was due to the version of abiword that I currently have installed,
stable and not the latest. I don't know, I don't care yet.
I'm affraid it isn't worth to waste more time here. Sooner or later it
will appear in some way a better solution.

Thanks for your answer,

Daniel Rodriguez

By the way, I had a look at your web. Good business? I hope so...