Re: no alsa audio

Michael Schwendt wrote

<>With FC2, you should not have "service alsasound" because that script is
not included. So, where does it come from?

rpm --query --all '*alsa*'

There are no alsa related rpms. A little more checking and I see that alsasound is not started on a fresh boot but is started by the "realplay" command. The RealPlayer 8 is left over from FC1 so I'll clean that out and see if I can get an FC2 version.

What do you have in /etc/modprobe.conf?

alias eth0 3c59x
alias eth1 forcedeth
# kill IPV6 - 02Jul2004MWP
alias net-pf-10 off
alias usb-controller usb-uhci
alias usb-controller1 usb-ohci
alias usb-controller2 ehci-hcd

# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 1.0.3 ---
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
alias sound-slot-0 snd-intel8x0
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

This indicates that your alsamixer settings are insufficient.

Once the audio starts, the volume level is OK so I don't understand what settings are insufficient.

Thanks for the help so far.