HP DL580G2

Hello everybody,

Has someone an experience on installing FC2 on a HP Proliant DL580G2 (with 2
processors / SmartArray 5i + SmartArray 6400) using an SMP kernel.

I want to use this server for an Apache/Tomcat Server ...
I don't use the FC2 Tomcat4 because he doesn't support the Sun J2SDK but the
"gcj" and this "gcj" isn't really full compatible with some applications we
have.

After installing the Sun J2SDK 1.4.2_04 and a jpackage.org tomcat 4.1.24-le,
this system isn't really stable ... Freeze on "/etc/init.d/tomcat4 restart"
... Freeze on shutdown ... Freeze on startup ... Not really a production
situation !

I've remove the jpackage tomcat and install manually a tomcat4 4.1.30 (with
a tar.gz from jakarta.org) and it seems to be a little better but we allways
have some strange hang situation !

Thanks a lot in advance for any comment or remarks on this topics.

Oh ... Another question ! Is it possible with FC2 to support the HP
management tools ? They are on the HP site for RH7.3, RH9 and for the RHEL
... but no version for FCx !

Regards

Christian PIGNOL

Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck & Co., Inc. (One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD and in Japan, as Banyu) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete it from your system.