Re: Spamass-milter vs Milter-Spamc

On Thursday 01 July 2004 19:45, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> Guys,
>
> 	I'm doing Spamass-Milter currently. Don't have much spam to train
> on though. I only have like 18 spam mails.
>
> Just wondering, which is the better alternative? I got
> spamass-milter from dag's repo and seems like it's out of
> development vs Milter-Spamc which is in active development.

If the mailing list is any indication, it's still actively maintained:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/spamass-milt-list/2004-06/threads.html

> Spamass-milter seems to work OK except that I it doesn't really
> _yet_ know how to differentiate spam & Ham

If we are talking about the same "spamass-milter"

from http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/spamass-milt/

"A little plugin for the Sendmail Milter (Mail Filter) library that
pipes all incoming mail (including things received by rmail/UUCP)
through the SpamAssassin, a highly customizable SpamFilter."

it never will learn to differentiate since its main purpose in life is
to sit between your Sendmail Mail Transport Agent and SpamAssassin to
simply pipe mail to SpamAssassin, which in turn, does all the
analysis and learning.

Regards,  Mike Klinke