Re: Can't connect ftp server with passive mode on

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am Do, den 01.07.2004 schrieb Barry Yu um 23:47:

My ftp server is vsftp and it is behide a router, remote clients need to turn off the passive mode then can work with it. What settings/config do I need to do in order to enable remote clients to download from it with passive mode on?

As you can see from the following explanations and schematic images

http://slacksite.com/other/ftp.html

it is not that easy to configure passive FTP with a NATed FTP server. Do
you have at least loaded ip_conntrack_ftp and ip_nat_ftp?

Alexander

No, I had not loaded neither of those, and since you said this is not easy, I think I have further dig into this ftp thing by taking more time, thanks for the info and your help as always - for me to understand ftp further.