Re: latex2html

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 12:19:25PM -0400, Ed Hill wrote:

> I've also been struggling, on and off, with latex2HTML.  The version of
> it and netpbm that shipped with Red Hat 9 worked beautifully but all the
> Fedora versions that I've tried have been somewhere between buggy and
> awful.
>
> Your post prompted me to dig into the tetex SRPM which includes numerous
> latex2html packages that produce default japanese output as you've
> pointed out.  So I'm working on an alternate tetex SRPM that doesn't
> include all the japanese junk.  I'm building and testing it right now
> and I'll post a link as soon as I have a working version.

Please consider the more constructive alternative of fixing the
problems with the current Japanese patch.

I would absolutely love to see the Japanese support patches integrated
into all the upstream projects, but for some reason this rarely seems
to happen and so we get situations like this. :-((

Tim.
*/