Re: latex2html

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 08:37, Neal D. Becker wrote:
> Thanks so much for including latex2html!
>
> Just 1 problem.  It's japanese!!!
>
> /usr/bin/latex2html is actually jlatex2html (it has a japanese patch).
>
> I figured out how to fix titles back to english, but dates are still in
> japanese.
>
> <rant>
> OK, if you take a prominent package, and patch it, and then install it
> replacing the original package, you are obligated to clearly document how
> to restore the orignal behavior.  It appears this japanese patch isn't
> documented at all.
> <\rant>
>
> Anyone know how to fix this?

Hi Neal,

I've also been struggling, on and off, with latex2HTML.  The version of
it and netpbm that shipped with Red Hat 9 worked beautifully but all the
Fedora versions that I've tried have been somewhere between buggy and
awful.

Your post prompted me to dig into the tetex SRPM which includes numerous
latex2html packages that produce default japanese output as you've
pointed out.  So I'm working on an alternate tetex SRPM that doesn't
include all the japanese junk.  I'm building and testing it right now
and I'll post a link as soon as I have a working version.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307