Re: Mailbox vulnerable?

Alexander Dalloz writes:

> No, the default permissions are proper!
>
> Hongwei, we had exactly that topic on Thursday last week and I explained
> it to you. So what did you change and how do you use mail? Which pine
> (source or packager and version) do you use? How else do users read
> mail? Are the log entries caused by users using pine and a different
> mail client same time?

The error message is pine's poor way of saying that it can't lock the
mailbox.  With permissions of 775 pine can't create the mbox.lock file
that it REALLY wants to create.

--
Bill Pemberton                                 wfp5p@xxxxxxxxxxxx
ITC/Unix Systems                               flash@xxxxxxxxxxxx