Re: Another sendmail relaying problem.

Hi, in the /etc/mail/access i have nothing
this is all relay blocked.
But if someone send an e-mail to a local user and
in his from address put other local user e-mail it
relay without problem.

Douglas Furlong ha scritto:
On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 19:22 +0200, Franco wrote:

Hi, i say that someone is able to bounce a message through my
server to local user, it can use the server smtp to delivery
to local user but the mail from must be any local user.

Example: on my server i have 20 local users, one of this
is pippo@xxxxxxxxx, someone send e-mail through my server using
my server smtp and in the from address of e-mail put pippo@xxxxxxxxx
it send the e-mail without problem.
So all who want do spamming on my local user can do this.
How can stop it?

It would be very helpful if you included the details from you /etc/mail/ access file in a post to the list.

The standard configuration for sendmail prevents it from doing as you
suggest, this means you must have changed some thing (most likely in /
etc/mail/access), if you can tell us what you changed, and what you want
your mail server to do, then we will most likely be able to help you
resolve the problem.

Doug