Re: Suspend command

On Sat, 2004-06-26 at 17:38, Mike wrote:
> Ok, I've been STFW all morning and I can't find what I'm looking for,
> and was wondering if anyone else has has this issue or any suggestions.
>
> I cannot get my laptop to suspend because I don't know the command. I
> have ACPI installed and running as far as I can tell. I have the ACPID
> service running, APM is NOT running. My monitor brightens or dims when
> removing AC power, my fan seems to turn on and off, so I'm thinking it's
> installed. However, my laptop does not go into a suspend mode after
> sitting idle for a while, or when I close the lid. And, when I click on
> the battery charge monitor, it tells me I don't have the suspend command
> entered properly. I found where I should enter it, but it's blank. Can
> anyone help?
>
> Oh yeah, I have a Compaq Presario 2590, P4 2.7Ghz, 512 MB RAM, running
> FC1.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Mike

You have to configure the events via scripts in /etc/acpi. Here a couple
of links that helped me with my Presario 1700T:

http://beta.phys.uh.edu/~afritz/d800/gentoo-d800.html#automatedacpi
http://www.littleredbat.net/~mk/vaio.html
http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/t/x/txn131/linux/i5100/node17.html
http://acpi.sourceforge.net/