Suspend command

Ok, I've been STFW all morning and I can't find what I'm looking for,
and was wondering if anyone else has has this issue or any suggestions.

I cannot get my laptop to suspend because I don't know the command. I
have ACPI installed and running as far as I can tell. I have the ACPID
service running, APM is NOT running. My monitor brightens or dims when
removing AC power, my fan seems to turn on and off, so I'm thinking it's
installed. However, my laptop does not go into a suspend mode after
sitting idle for a while, or when I close the lid. And, when I click on
the battery charge monitor, it tells me I don't have the suspend command
entered properly. I found where I should enter it, but it's blank. Can
anyone help?

Oh yeah, I have a Compaq Presario 2590, P4 2.7Ghz, 512 MB RAM, running
FC1.

Thanks,

Mike