Re: upgrading OpenOffice and Mozilla

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am So, den 27.06.2004 schrieb admin@xxxxxxxxxxx um 19:23:

This was pretty much a useless reply that used up everyone's bandwidth and disk space. Thanx.

No. I wanted to know for what its worth to use these specific software versions and not those shipped by Fedora. I requested for arguments.

Alexander

There seem to be little 'bugs' that get fixed in the RedHat/Fedora versions that are not fixed in the Mozilla.org versions. For example, with Mozilla Mail, and even Thunderbird, if you choose to 'View All Headers', with the Mozilla.org version, there is no scroll bar on the right to scroll down through the headers to the body of the email. This seems to get fixed in the RedHat/Fedora versions. Alexander's questions are valid. If you just have to have the latest bleeding edge version of Mozilla, get it from Mozilla.org. If you need the version that works best with Fedora, get the Fedora version.