Re: YUMGUI - YUMI

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 05:58:52 -0700
Jay <fedorauser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 22:06, Bjorn Andersen wrote:
> > Its only a GUI. It does not touch your yum.conf
> > It works perfectly, just like Synaptic...
> >

> > /Bjorn

> You're correct. The problem was the "Yummy" yum server tool that was
> suggested/linked on the Yumi web page. It modified the yum.config
> file. At least it saved a backup and I just deleted the modified file
> and restored the backup. Function is normal. Yum and Yumi work fine.

I must be doing something wrong.  Yumi built and installed without
problems, but when I run it, it just brings up a splash "Please wait...
Updating Yum cache" which never seems to complete.  Even leaving it to
run overnight, the next morning it was still there waiting to update the
yum cache.  Needless to say, nothing can be done with yumi until this
process completes.

What's the trick?  No errors are displayed the the xterm from which I launch yumi...

--

-John (john@xxxxxxxxxxx)