Re: [OT] Small Form Factor PCs

Robert Locke wrote:

I have been trying to do some research on Small Form Factor PCs and seem
to have located three manufacturers that seem to meet my needs:

Biostar IDEQ 200 (www.biostar-usa.com)
Shuttle XPC (www.shuttle.com)
Little PC LP401 (www.littlepc.com)

My question pretty much boils down to see if anyone has worked with or
has an opinion on any of these.

My basic desire is to set up a SFF file server for the various household
PCs to connect to.  My requirements are pretty much that it be able to
house a 200GB+ HD and have it run Linux....  I also am looking to have
something that will be lower power consumption.....

--Rob

I saw a VIA Mini-ITX board at the RealWorldLinux conference last April and was very impressed! http://www.viavpsd.com/product/index.jsp

I have no experience with these yet (I'm still hoping to build one eventually), but they have ultra-low power consumption and are supposed to be VERY quiet. Another good site if this looks interesting, is: http://www.mini-itx.com/

This one looks very nice, although a little pricey: http://www.mini-itx.com/store/product.asp?sid=HUSH

Hope that helps! Good luck.

--
srb