Re: Fedora - The Next Generation

Roland Venter wrote:

Hi Folks,

I would like to hear your feelings on a couple of issues:

To start off I've been using FC1 on several servers since it's initial
release and have had little or no problems, only rebooting for kernel
upgrades, etc.  Before a flame war starts, I agree that for critical
production servers you should be running RHEL.  My problem is this:

Stable means Stable. If FC1 is stable in the configuration you set up , then it simply is stable and fits the "production" server criteria. I personally don't agree that RHEL is for the "real" businesses and anything else is just used for hobbyist.

Try installing SUN on a SATA MB and see well that works. Does this mean SUN isn't a production OS? Its all about hardware and your hardware setup seems to agree with FC1.

rcr