Re: FC2 - X-terminal molto lenti.

GianPiero Puccioni wrote:

Hi,

After installing FC2 on a few machines some users requested access for a
sort of X-terminal emulatore that works under Windows called Xwin32. It
worked quite well with the machines we had before (with RH7.3) so I
granted access and it worked but, they are complaining that it
is WAY slower than before. Is it something I forgot to do? I just
changed kdmrc and Xacces (I use xdm). Or is it a problem with the new
Xorg instead of XFree86?

Thanks for any help.

Ciao,
GianPiero

It could actually be a security issue, you need to enable access to the x11 port
(6000:tcp) if using the firewall. Sometimes the default display manager does
not accept connections other than from localhost.

- Jose Luis

--
Do not send HTML mail please.