FC2 and manual ip address setup

     I have configured a linux box running FC2 to use static addressing.
The machine was originally installed with FC2 to use dhcp and later I
switched the addressing mode to static ip addressing from the network
control panel. The system seems to have normal network access but I
am perplexed by the contents of /etc/hosts which now are of the form...

127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain mydomainname.domain localhost mydomainname

Is this expected or a result of originally configuring the machine for dhcp?
There appears to be no entry in /etc/hosts with the actual ip address of
mydomainname.domain so I assume it is always gotten by dns. Thanks in
advance for any comments as I want to make sure this is really the correct
configuration for a static addressed machine.
                       Jack