Re: FC2 spacebar becomes backspace

On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 10:27, Edwin Dicker wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just installed FC2 and on the console whether I'm in X or just text
> mode the spacebar generates a backspace. This does not happen when I
> telnet or SSH to the machine. It's almost impossible to give a command
> with arguments except by doing a copy/paste of a 'space'
>
> Does anyone have a solution for this ?
>
> Edwin

	What an odd problem!  Assuming you use a standard keyboard, not USB or
Bluetooth? have you tried telling your system you have a different
keyboard using keyboard preferences.  Is this the only key that is
incorrect?  If possible could you try another keyboard or operating
system if you dual boot? Just try to see if it is a hardware or software
problem.

Scott