Re: [SECURITY] Fedora Core 1 Update: kernel-2.4.22-1.2194.nptl

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 07:25:44PM +0100, Dave Jones wrote:
> Name        : kernel
> Version     : 2.4.22
> Release     : 1.2194.nptl

> Support for systems with more than 4GB of memory was previously
> unavailable.
> The 686 SMP kernel now supports this configuration. (Bugzilla #122960)

Ha! I've got a system with more than 4GB of RAM. I always thought PAE
was turned off in the FC1 kernels so that the kernels would perform
better for most users. This was my guess anyway.

To get around the memory limitation (and the old SMP umount hang problem)
I ran the EL linux kernel from whitebox on top of FC1. I'll be keen to
try the new FC1 kernel when I next get the chance for a reboot.

Bugzilla #122960 is not accessible to my bugzilla login. Why is that? I
thought that the private bugzillas were to protect Red Hat customer
details. How can there be a supported customer with a Fedora kernel?

Keep up the good work!
--
Norman Gaywood, Systems Administrator
School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science

norm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx            Phone: +61 (0)2 6773 2412
http://turing.une.edu.au/~norm    Fax:   +61 (0)2 6773 3312