Re: ntp synchronisation failed

Le jeu 24/06/2004 Ã 23:00, Eric Tanguy a Ãcrit :
> Ok thank you for your answer first of all i tried your command :
> sudo /sbin/service ntpd restart and it seems that the sudo command
> doesn't accept my root password. I never tried this before. Is it normal
> ?
> I tried the command line in a root shell :
> /sbin/service ntpd restart
> and the answer is always :
> ArrÃt de ntpd :                                            [  OK  ]
> ntpd : Synchronisation avec le serveur de temps :          [ÃCHOUÃ]
> DÃmarrage de ntpd :                                        [  OK  ]
> So i think i forget to add the right authorization in firestarter. Could
> you help me for that ?
> Thanxes.
> Eric

Ok i answer to myself in bottom-posting because now i know what it is
(thank you very much Dale).
I opened port 123 but for the dns name of the server. The problem was (i
think) that this ip number have numerous dns name. I put the ip address
in place of the name and now it works fine.