FC2 - No Sound in KDE

I wonder if someone might suggest something in order that I get the
sound working in KDE.

When I first upgraded to FC2 the sound was working in KDE. I was very
happy with the notification sound that was immediately available.
However, I wasn't able to play mp3's or generally have sound anywhere
but in KDE and that was only with the notification areas..

I read and watched others making changes with their sound problems and I
followed suit.  This finally led me to having sound in all those areas
where I didn't have it before.  But now I no longer have sound with KDE
and its notification process.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why it disappeared and how does one get
it back??

--
Ted Gervais
Coldbrook, Nova Scotia