Re: FC2 doubtful quality?

On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 10:10, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Craig White wrote:
> > I would suggest that rather than trying to convince people to lower
> > their expectations, it would be more beneficial to suggest that we work
> > together to solve the problems and develop a better sense of humor (i.e.
> > less whining) about the problems we face.
>
> since i apparently started this barroom brawl, let me make a suggestion
> that might solve a lot of problems. what FC2 (and future FC releases)
> needs is a structured, somewhat-moderated repository of well-written and
> important info for new users. quite simply, it needs a moderated wiki.
<snip>
> thoughts?
>
> rday

This is "real" community at work.....  I really appreciate the shift
from the proverbial whining of late.....

An excellent suggestion, and a great list of recurring issues.  You also
summarized where a lot of information is being kept.  I find one of the
greatest challenges, at the moment, is, as you point out, how to locate
the information.

But my question is whether we really need yet another source....  I
think a better use of our efforts might be to improve the format and
volume of information at fedorafaq.org because, frankly, what you are
describing sounds like a better organized (hierarchical) FAQ - and they
do seem to address, to some extent, some of the more critical things in
your list.  Converting to more of a Wiki environment I think has merit
too...  Perhaps you could bring this suggestion to the folks there and
see if they are interested (or need some competition :-) )....

I am also concerned that this should really be addressed by the
"community" side of the Fedora Project and be better linked in with the
"official" fedora.redhat.com site, though I do not think those of us on
the outside are able to do this yet.....  Does anyone have a sense of
where/how we might be able to "open up more" some of these "support"
things?

Let's keep these thoughts going.....

--Rob