Re: SCSI tape drive not seen in FC1?

Hongwei Li wrote:

Hi,

We have installed FC1 on a new Dell P4 3Ghz pc.  Everything runs well
except that the scsi tape drive is not seen from fc1.  When I boot the pc,
the motherboard detects the scsi card and the scsi card detects the tape
drive (this DDS4 is the only scsi device in this pc):

AHA-2940UW v.2.11.0 ...
SCSI ID: 2 SONY SDT-11000

Then, the fc1 starts booting and I don't see any information about it.
<snip>
Which module is loaded? I suspect it's the newer version of aic7xxx.o. You might try the old version "aic7xxx_old.o".

I have a similar tape drive, but I replaced the AHA-2940 with a Symbios controller I happened to have, and it works fine under FC1.

Good luck.

-Bill