Re: problems since last update

gillian bennett wrote:

<snip>

Had the same issue on FC1 with KDE after apt-get upgrade - menu only has about 5 or 6 items.

It appears [to me] you have both upgraded your systems to FC2.

apt-get update is what you wanted to use, NOT _upgrade_. Big difference. Update will update your current system packages, upgrade will upgrade your system...in this case from FC1 to FC2.

--
Craig Thomas [cjtinhp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]

<snip>

Thanks for your input Craig, but apt-get update is not what I run (it is
scripted) and the current kernel is 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl. In grub.conf
there is no sign of any 2.6.xx kernel either.

thanks, gb

So what does the script do? The information to date leaves us all clueless about the cause of this.