Re: Is ipop3d part of the imap-2002d rpm?

On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 13:05, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Mo, den 21.06.2004 schrieb Scot L. Harris um 17:12:
>
> > I need to get a version of ipop3d loaded on an FC2 system.  This is
> > needed to support the vhost software so using dovecot does not appear to
> > provide an answer.
> >
> > I think what is needed is to rebuild from the source rpm the imap-2002d
> > package from FC1.  I think that has the ipop3d program in it.
>
> Right. Until FC1 the POP3 daemon provided by uw-imapd was controlled by
> the xinetd.
>
> $ grep ipop3 /etc/xinetd.d/ipop3
>         server                  = /usr/sbin/ipop3d
>
> $ rpm -qf /usr/sbin/ipop3d
> imap-2002d-3
>
> > Is this the correct package and are there any problems running such a
> > package rebuilt under FC2 on an FC2 system?
>
> I think at least one person here on the list said that he had "rpmbuild
> --rebuild" the imap-2002d source rpm successfully on FC2 to get back the
> uw-imapd.
>
> > Scot L. Harris
>
> Alexander

Thanks.  I have rebuilt the FC1 package under FC2 and installed it.
Still have some testing to do but it appears to be good now.

Thanks for the confirmation.  (Now if I can figure out why pgadmin3
won't build on FC2.....)

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

The solution of this problem is trivial and is left as an exercise for
the reader.