Re: FC2 & Nivdia Drivers

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 06:10:56PM -0500, Scott Sloan wrote:
> From: Scott Sloan <devscott@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:10:56 -0500
> Subject: Re: FC2 & Nivdia Drivers
>         For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 14:56 -0700, edwarner99@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > What do I lose if I upgrade from FC1 to FC2 if I'm
> > using Nvidia drivers?
>
> You lose the ability to use the nvidia drivers unless you use the 8k
> stack instead of the 4k. Browse through the achieves for further
> details.

Not strictly correct.

What you lose is the functionality of the closed source accelerated 3D
driver support unless you pick up the 8K patched kernel.  The
open source driver rocks for 2D and with Mesa libraries slow 3D
gfx is possible.

If you play 3D games on FC1 now hold off until nVidia releases an
update to their drivers or use the patched 8K stack kernel.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l