Re: kernel 2.6.6-1.424, usb burner and k3b

eric tanguy wrote:

i update kernel to 2.6.6-1.424 to make my usb burner working fine and it's
ok except that it seems that i have to run cdrecord and k3b as root to
have the right to burn. How to enable user burning ??
Thanxes

As with my browsing the /proc/bus/usb directory (processes), I have seen all the devices assigned the permissions of 644 (rw for owner, read for group, read for others.) I am not sure is this for anything usb related or not.

Try searching through the bugzilla.redhat.com database and look for usb cdrom devices to see if what solutions or workarounds that you can find.

I could be totally off base with my observation. I hope you find a resolution.

What does running the below command show for permissions and owner?

ls -la /dev/cdrom

I'm guessing rw,r,r with root being the owner.

Jim